Director - Health Systems (DHS), IDF, New Delhi
1. POSITION VACANT: Director - Health Systems (DHS), IDF, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Ipas Development Foundation (IDF) is a Section 25 non-profit company, founded in 1973, is a global nongovernmental organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure that women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care, including counseling and contraception to prevent future unintended pregnancies.
Ipas has been working in India for over a decade towards strengthening training systems, service delivery of comprehensive abortion care services and advocacy initiatives to increase women's access to safe abortions, with the aim of making a positive impact on the health of Indian women. Ipas engages closely with the government at the national and state level to provide technical assistance to strengthen the comprehensive abortion care policy and program interventions. Ipas program’s geographic coverage currently includes 11 states - Bihar, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh, Assam, West Bengal and Meghalaya - where they work with the public health system to ensure improved access to abortion and contraception services for women.
For more information about IDF please visit http://www.ipas.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director–Health Systems shall be based at Ipas’ India Country Office in New Delhi and be responsible for managing strengthening of training centers in selected states and facilitating the provision ofComprehensive Abortion Care (CAC) services at service delivery sites, at different levels of the health system.
The position shall report to the National Program Manager and provide support for the development of strategies and work plans; technical inputs to the country team; supervise clinical mentors in field offices and work with team members to facilitate implementation activities, aimed at achieving country program goals and objectives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Planning and organizing new and refresher Training of Trainers’ workshops in CAC at identified training centers, to strengthen the training and clinical skills of the trainers at the training centers;
(2) Supervising the team of clinical mentors providing technical support to improve the quality of safe abortion services;
(3) Technically strengthening and facilitating events to orient state program staff, clinical mentors and health officials on project activities; Also providing technical support to other units in the organization to include, review of technical, clinical and technology promotion materials;
(4) Supporting the Training and Service Delivery Improvement (TSDI) Unit in the following areas:
(a) Reviewing current training strategies;
(b) Updating training processes and materials;
(c) Selecting, orienting and strengthening clinical mentor’s skills;
(d) Providing recommendations for feedback to the mentors.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have a post graduate degree or diploma in obstetrics and gynaecology.
(1) Five to eight years experience of providing technical assistance and capacity building support to public health programmes;
(2) Excellent understanding of the status of reproductive health in different states of India;
(3) Prior experience of working on CAC would be an advantage.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
IDF is a progressive paymaster and endeavors to position itself at par with leading international non-profits working in the area of public health in India.
The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply with a cover letter that highlights their motivation to apply and suitability for the position applied, to the above email id, by or before June 15, 2014. For further details please visit our website www.sams.co.in.
How to Apply: E-mail